Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Safe and Secure finally!!




Okay, first off I would like to say that before my daughter was born I worked on 3 different projects to make the ultimate baby blanket. First, I knitted it. - wow, was that terrible. Then I crocheted it and that turned out nice but I forgot that the yarn was 100% wool and stuck it in the washer and dryer. So that turned into the thickest- fanciest- felt changing pad ever. Then I attempted to quilt a blanket ...and let's just say that that piece is still in the babies closet - partly because it's not finished and partly because it's embarrassed to come out.
SO, I found some scrap fabric at Joann fabrics and Ellie just fell in love with it. She was rubbing it on her face and telling me to give it kisses so I knew I had to get it... But what to do with it? Then I thought, "Lenny, you should just suck it up and try to make another blanket. " So I asked around and gathered advice from different sources and this is what I came up with!!! So Simple!! it only took me an hour!! And Ellie loves it so much that she sleeps with it every night!!

Another project conquered!

No comments: