Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's my BAG, BABY!!!

Okay! So yet again it was one of those days and I had this undying urge to go to SEW to SPEAK and get some fabric and make something! I walked in knowing that I was not leaving until I had a project to do. So I picked what I thought was the hardest project for me to tackle... The Amy Butler Weekender Bag. I love this bag, I had to have this bag, I would have paid for someone to make me this bag. But not today.... oh no .... today I was going to challenge myself and go completely outside of my comfort zone and follow directions and follow a pattern and measure things!!




So here it is!! My very first bag with a zipper and pockets and piping!! TA-DA!!


But don't look inside... it's a mess in there. - that's for another day.









2 comments:

Bitwise XOR said...

You did this in one day? Very impressive. How was the piping? I find it very intimidating.

Lenny said...

It took about 6 hours total. I think the cutting took the longest! The piping was so much easier than I thought it would be and the pattern itself shows you how to do it! I broke 6 sewing machine needles, but a small price for the bag you hand-make!