Sunday, September 21, 2008

Via Colori before the Storm
















So if you are not from the Columbus area you probably never heard that a wind storm on Sunday September 14th put thousands upon thousands of us without power. And with the devastation in Texas and other states, all of our AEP guys/gals were there, so Columbus and surrounding areas were without power for at least 3 days and some are still waiting. I was one of the fortunate ones that didn't even see the lights flicker. But I did watch all the aluminum siding and shingles fly by our windows. Since no one saw this crazy wind coming, life ran as it normally would that weekend.










So the family and I went to Via Colori a 2-day street painting festival that raises funds for non- profit organizations. Here are some pics of the first day of the festival when the biggest problem was finishing and taking a picture of their work before it started to rain. Little did they know what Sunday's weather would bring.

I do have to say, it was a pleasant time!! The artist were spread out nicely, there was a nice flow of traffic between people, strollers, and pets...I just wish they didn't have to compete with the weather

so much. Makes me excited for next year. I 'd definitely love to participate.

And if a Via Colori festival comes to your town, make sure you visit. It's for a good cause.

No comments: