Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Under the Sea


Hello Hello!! So I am currently in the the middle of my Kids Creation sessions at the Arts Castle and I had to share our shaving cream and liquid watercolor ocean project! I read the kids a book of poems about the ocean to reference water creatures, plants and movement.

I was so pleasantly surprised that not only did my students follow directions ( which is hard when there is shaving cream all over their hands ) , but they also came up with incredible stories about their drawings!


They also seemed to take the time to think about color choices and the layout of their pieces!

I am so proud of them!!

2 comments:

Artsi Bitsi said...

Wow. Those are so nice. They would look great matted and framed and hanging on a kitchen wall.

When are you doing a class for adults? :-)

Lenny said...

Thanks! I love this project and the kids and parents seemed like they really enjoyed themselves.

I normally have a bunch of Adult classed lined up for the winter and spring quarter ( calligraphy, needle felting, drawing.. whatever the Castle needs) but not this year. Trying to cut back and focus more on the ceramic classes. I am looking to start an image transfer class on clay.
If anyone has any ideas on classes they would love to see offered, let me know!!