Sunday, April 26, 2009

Future graphic designer


So, if any of you have kids (or not), you may find this humorous (or completely frustrating)! So as I was on my way to the Ceramics Lab at the Arts Castle, I received a phone call from my husband. When I answered, he asks me about Sharpie Paint Markers. Weird, right? He never asks about arts supplies! So as I go into depth about the pros and cons of this permanent media, he cuts me off to rephrase his question. What he meant to say was... How would one, remove Sharpie paint markers from skin, clothes, and laptops. Yikes.

After work I came home and asked my daughter what she did that day. She answered proudly, " I did this! " and points to my laptop. I asked her to describe what she had drawn, and still, after 3 weeks she has consistently described her laptop cover creation!

Blue lines, a tree, a chichayay (that means chicken) and toast.

...I gotta say... not bad for a 23 month old. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Bitwise XOR said...

I can easily see the chicken and it is absolutely museum-worthy. I'm guessing that the toast is floating above the blue lines?

Excellent work. Treasure it always.
:-)

Lenny said...

Yeah the chicken is easy to see! The toast is the rectangle at the top and the tree is that blog on the bottom left. Hilarious. I will treasure it!! I mean... it's never coming off of my laptop. :)

Mara said...

What a great drawing! There are certainly much worse things to get on your computer . . .

I'll miss you (and your cute & talented babies) at Artisan Sundays!