Monday, January 12, 2009

Finding some down time!

Well the craziness of the holidays have finally settled! And now... since I don't have anything major happening in next few months and other scheduled commitments have been canceled, I will be taking the opportunity to design a new fleece monster and create a line of high-end plush. I have also decided that since I have this time I will be opening a new handmade bookshop which will feature many books, stationary, pencils, etc made from recycled items. I figure that since i have so much experience in bookmaking and teaching bookmaking and calligraphy, that why not give it a try, I obviously love it! So wish me luck!!

Now! I was going through my recent artwork/sketches and decided that I would share! Since I don't have any current projects to show maybe I could give you an idea of what I do when I'm not making monsters and books!!!

The following drawings are done in colored pencil. The first two were inspired by the nerves and cells of the body. I think it was a few weeks after the bodies exhibit in Tampa. I thoroughly love science and find it as beautiful as any painting. The next drawing was a simple still life I made when I thought about going to grad school at SCAD . It focuses on a daruma doll that I have had for years. A year and a half before my daughter was born I made a wish (hence the 1 black eye) and completely forgot what I even wished for. Which, if you know me, is typical. Then it wasn't until I was 6 months pregnant that I remembered that I wished to be pregnant and start a happy healthy family. And that wish could not have been more true. So in my waiting for my daughter to be born I made this still life so I wouldn't forget again.




No comments: